In the last week, we have seen tax deadlines and payment information change rapidly. It seems almost daily there is a new update. The Smith Leonard team strives to provide the most current information possible to our clients and friends. With different deadlines and rules that can vary from federal to state and quarter to quarter, here is a summary of the status as of today for both Federal and North Carolina payments and filings:
- Federal 2019 – due 7/15 with no interest and penalties
- NC 2019 – due 7/15 with no interest and penalties
- Federal and NC Q1 and Q2 2020 – due 7/15 with no interest and penalties
- Federal and NC Q3 and Q4 2020 – normal deadlines as of now
- NC property tax returns – due 4/15
- NC trust tax returns – due 7/15 no penalties but interest will be charged after 4/15
- Contributions for 2019 for IRAs and HSAs – due 7/15
State guidelines can be found here, however, these items are in flux and are subject to change as each state rolls out legislation.
If you are a client that typically files an extension, we can process that by 7/15 to extend to the 10/15 deadline. As always, if you have any questions, please contact your Smith Leonard tax team.