Smith Leonard is currently seeking Tax Managers to join our team!
*Apply for this position only if you have the required work experience and drive to be a contributing part of our professional and friendly office team environment.
Position Level: Tax Manager
Concentration Area: Business and Individuals
The ideal candidate will possess 5-12 years of public accounting experience, a strong commitment to client service, attention to detail, ability to problem solve, and will be proactive with advice. The applicant should be willing to work overtime when necessary. Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide tax and business advisory services to closely-held businesses with a strong background in Individuals, Partnerships, and S Corporations
- Take good care of existing clients and assist with onboarding new clients
- Develop and train staff
- Build client relationships with business owners, CFOs, and Controllers
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Evaluate tax service procedures and recommend improvements
- Manage multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
Essential Job Requirements:
- Possess 5-12 years of public accounting experience in a tax environment dealing with a variety of clients and accounting assistance
- CPA Certification required
- BS in Accounting
- Masters in Accounting or Tax preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent MS Office experience
Smith Leonard is a growth-minded, regional CPA firm with offices in High Point, Winston-Salem, and Lexington, NC. We’ve discovered that public accounting is not a one-size fits all proposition. Different firms offer varying experiences, culture and work environment. Smith Leonard is proud to be a firm that offers an approachable, yet professional culture with great work/life balance, including remote or virtual options and 1/2 day Fridays in the summer. We are consistently rated one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today in their annual employee survey and are one of their 2021 Top Regional Firms. Our team is empowered and energized by the autonomy of local decision-making and community impact, but our affiliation as a BDO Alliance firm gives us access to scalability and far superior technical resources than you would expect from a firm that can also provide top-notch local customer service. Our daily work benefits include flexible schedules and dress for your day every day. We offer a casual, approachable environment for our team while delivering professional-level service to our clients and community.
Smith Leonard offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, an excellent learning environment, and an appreciation for work-life balance. The benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay, and 401K. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Tax Manager” in the email subject.
Visit our website at www.smith-leonard.com/join-our-team for more information. Recruiters or other service providers should not respond or contact Smith Leonard. Smith Leonard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.