Smith Leonard PLLC is currently seeking a Tax Associate to join our team.
Smith Leonard is a growing full-service CPA firm with offices in High Point, Winston-Salem and Lexington, NC. We’ve discovered that public accounting is not a one-size fits all proposition. Different firms offer varying experiences, culture and work environment. Smith Leonard is proud to be a firm that offers an approachable, yet professional culture with great work/life balance. We have been rated one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today ten out of the last eleven years in their annual employee survey. Our current firm ranking is #14 in the nation among midsize accounting firms. Our team is empowered and energized by the autonomy of local decision-making and community impact, but our affiliation as a BDO Alliance firm gives us access to scalability and far superior technical resources than you would expect from a “local” firm.
Smith Leonard believes happy employees make happy clients, which is why we are so proud of the team we’ve built together. Please go to our website to learn more about Smith Leonard PLLC at www.smith-leonard.com.
*Apply for this position only if you have the required work experience and drive to be a contributing part of our professional and friendly office team environment.
The position requires a commitment to excellence, an eagerness to learn, and the desire to deliver a valuable service. Friendly, energetic, and organized person with accounting and tax experience needed to provide accounting and tax services to business clients and their owners. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail-oriented, highly dependable, and can work well within a team environment. The applicant should be willing to work overtime during the tax busy season and other peak times as client needs dictate.
- Prepare individual and corporate tax returns
- Handle tax notices, calculate and file extensions
- Prepare tax projections and tax computations for other tax planning strategies
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
Education and Experience
- BS in Accounting from an accredited university (Masters in Accounting or Tax preferred)
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience in a tax environment
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to grow relationships and possess a sense of ownership in those relationships
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Knowledge of ProSystem FX a plus
- CPA Certification preferred
Smith Leonard offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, an excellent learning environment, and an appreciation for work-life balance. The benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay, and 401K. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Open Tax Position” in the email subject.
Visit our website at www.smith-leonard.com/join-our-team for more information. Recruiters or other service providers should not respond or contact Smith Leonard. Smith Leonard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.