Smith Leonard PLLC is currently seeking a full-time Manager or Supervisor to join our growing Client Accounting Services team. A CPA is preferable but not required.
Smith Leonard is a growing full-service CPA firm with offices in High Point, Winston-Salem and Lexington, NC. We’ve discovered that public accounting is not a one-size fits all proposition. Different firms offer varying experiences, culture and work environment. Smith Leonard is proud to be a firm that offers an approachable, yet professional culture with great work/life balance, including remote or virtual options and 1/2 day Fridays in the summer. We are consistently rated one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today in their annual employee survey. Our team is empowered and energized by the autonomy of local decision-making and community impact, but our affiliation as a BDO Alliance firm gives us access to scalability and far superior technical resources than you would expect from a “local” firm.
Smith Leonard believes happy employees make happy clients, which is why we are so proud of the team we’ve built together. Please go to our website to learn more about Smith Leonard PLLC at www.smith-leonard.com.
Candidate must be extremely organized with strong ownership/leadership skills to effectively manage multiple client projects and meet deadlines while maintaining and ensuring quality work product. They will work closely with our clients on an on-going basis and will manage the workflow of others on the team. The position requires a commitment to excellence, a desire to take ownership of work product and client relationships, and a spirit of continuous learning. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, savvy with the latest technology, detail-oriented, and client service driven. This position can be based in either, or a combination of, our Lexington or High Point locations.
- Direct and lead the CAS (Client Accounting Services) team members and provide support to this group
- Provide accounting and advisory services to Smith Leonard clients
- Look for opportunities to provide additional value to clients by proposing other firm services
- Collaborate on special projects for clients, as needed
- Potentially review and work on client tax compliance forms, including payroll tax, sales & use tax, property tax, and income tax returns
- Handle tax notices and file extensions, as needed
- Assist with tax projections and tax calculations for estimates and other tax planning strategies
- Evaluate internal and client’s processes and procedures, and recommend improvements
Education and Skills
- BS or Associates degree in Accounting, or significant related work experience
- Experience working with QuickBooks online and/or desktop, and exposure to other accounting software platforms such as Bill.com, Expensify, and Gusto
- At least 3-5 years of public accounting experience highly preferred
- Tax return preparation experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong research capabilities, along with verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, organization, and professionalism
- Energetic, adaptable team member capable of consistent initiative in a fast-paced work environment
- Seeks advice of appropriate supervisor regarding issues related to compliance
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, CS Professional Suite, CCH ProSystem fx, or other related applications a plus
- EA or ATP certification a plus
Smith Leonard offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, an excellent learning environment, and an appreciation for work-life balance. The benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay, and 401K. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Client Accounting Services Manager” in the email subject.
Visit our website at www.smith-leonard.com/join-our-team for more information. Recruiters or other service providers should not respond or contact Smith Leonard.
Smith Leonard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.