Smith Leonard is currently seeking an experienced audit associate to join our team!
This position requires a commitment to excellence, a desire to take ownership of work product and client relationships, and a spirit of continuous learning. The applicant should be willing to travel out of town for assignments and work overtime as needed during busier times.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Build upon existing experience to serve assurance clients with compilations, reviews, and audits, including for employee benefit plans
- Leverage knowledge in the industries in which Smith Leonard serves – manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate, transportation, not-for-profit, etc.
- Use research tools to increase technical knowledge
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting or higher from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience in an assurance environment
- Strong research capabilities, along with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Caseware and PPC a plus
- CPA Certification (or working towards this goal) preferred
Smith Leonard is a growth-minded, regional CPA firm with offices in High Point, Winston-Salem, and Lexington, NC. We’ve discovered that public accounting is not a one-size fits all proposition. Different firms offer varying experiences, culture and work environment. Smith Leonard is proud to be a firm that offers an approachable, yet professional culture with great work/life balance, including remote or virtual options and 1/2 day Fridays in the summer. We are consistently rated one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today in their annual employee survey and are one of their 2021 Top Regional Firms. Our team is empowered and energized by the autonomy of local decision-making and community impact, but our affiliation as a BDO Alliance firm gives us access to scalability and far superior technical resources than you would expect from a firm that can also provide top-notch local customer service. Our daily work benefits include flexible schedules and dress for your day every day. We offer a casual, approachable environment for our team while delivering professional-level service to our clients and community.
Smith Leonard offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, an excellent learning environment, and an appreciation for work-life balance. The benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay, and 401K. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Audit Associate” in the email subject.
Smith Leonard believes happy employees make happy clients, which is why we are so proud of the team we’ve built together. Visit our website at www.smith-leonard.com/join-our-team for more information. Recruiters or other service providers should not respond or contact Smith Leonard. Smith Leonard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.