Bookkeeper Opening in High Point
Smith Leonard PLLC is currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper/accountant with public accounting experience to join their team as a full-time Accounting Paraprofessional.
Smith Leonard is a growing, full-service CPA firm with offices in High Point, Lexington, and Winston-Salem, NC. Smith Leonard believes happy employees make happy clients, which is why we are so proud of the team we’ve built together. Please go to our website to learn more about Smith Leonard PLLC at www.smith-leonard.com.
*Apply for this position only if you have the required work experience and drive to be a contributing part of our professional and friendly office team environment.
Candidate must be extremely organized to effectively manage multiple client projects and meet deadlines while maintaining and ensuring accuracy of work product. Customer service driven candidate will work closely with our smaller business clients. This position may require overtime during tax busy season and is based in our High Point, NC location. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a self-starter, detail-oriented, highly dependable, and has the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Perform bookkeeping and accounting services under the direction of a CPA
- Process payables and checks when necessary
- Prepare payroll for small business clients, including quarterly payroll tax returns
- May be asked to assist with tax returns and processing
- Collaborate on special projects as needed for clients
Education and Experience
- Accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll experience required
- Associate’s degree in accounting or significant work experience
- QuickBooks experience is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters software is a plus
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Must be resourceful and well organized
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
Smith Leonard offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, an excellent learning environment, and an appreciation for work-life balance. The benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, holiday and PTO pay, and 401K. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Accounting Paraprofessional” in the email subject.
Visit our website at www.smith-leonard.com/join-our-team for more information. Recruiters or other service providers should not respond or contact Smith Leonard. Smith Leonard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.